Saturday, May 7

"Not so impossible"

All the time I get too stuck on the associative meaning of songs, and most of the time they aren't positive associations. So after a few months, I realise I cannot listen to these songs anymore, they remind me of the terrible and dumb things surrounding that little piece of past only ever relived in memory. The best songs are those that transgress this, that stand being listened to over and over, that sound exciting even two or eighteen months later so that they no longer make me think of certain people, provoking certain feelings.

Thus I know I can always, always rely on Sufjan Stevens; I look forward to listening to these records in twenty years, how exciting it will still feel. His concert in Oslo a week ago is probably not only one of the best concerts I've been to, but perhaps one of the best and most beautiful things I have ever experienced.

Someone stole my phone, which I also used as an ipod, so I don't listen to a lot of music these days. Now that I finally emerged from the post-concert vacuum, I wish I could listen to music all the time I spend outside on buses, metro, cleaning houses, sitting out in the sun.

On another note, I've been travelling; I went to Copenhagen to visit a dear friend over Easter.

matching your bike to the mailboxes -

moon

-

copenhagen

4 comments:

  1. Excellent photos, and I agree wholeheartedly with you about Sufjan Stevens. I always come back to "Illinoise".

    ReplyDelete
  2. anitag@studenttorget.no9 May 2011 at 10:57

    Ikke relatert til hverken blogg eller innlegg, men derimot gammel tvitring: Mitt navn er Anita og jeg jobber for en studentportal som skriver saker om og for studenter. Skal skrive om skrivesperre, så en tweet hvor hashtaget med skrivesperre. Kunne du tenke deg å svare på noen spm om skrivesperre?

    ReplyDelete
  3. krzys: yes, part-time job. :)

    ReplyDelete