Friday, February 27

Autumn/Winter 09; favourites

Some favourites:
- 1960s suits with knee high skirts and jackets that are snug on the shoulders (suits! what I'd wear for those elusive job interviews I am never called in for)
- black cotton dresses with nipped waists and embroidery
- structures (collage borrowed from Jaleh; merci)
- belted cardigans and blazers
- boldly coloured jumpers under 3/4 sleeve coats
- white gloves, grey and black berets with bows or sequins
- cute, detachable collars for dresses
- matching coats and dresses
- patterned dresses under simple, structured coats
- feather fascinators
- trapeze dresses
- schoolboy influences; collars, cardigans
- pairing patterns in somewhat similar colours
- shirts and collared jumpers under dresses
- sexy dresses with prudish & practical cowl neck shawls
- knitted trousers! I've always wanted to knit a pair of trousers
- 50s circle skirts

This is so fascinating, clothing as craftsmanship. A lot of these items are so painstakingly well constructed and beautiful I'm almost willing to live on dust and water and the public library for the sake of them.

4 comments:

  1. oh I wish I had gobs of money to buy it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that at some point in my life I will have the means and conscience to buy clothing that is art/art in the form of clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an awesome list. good choices, i love everything and i also wish i had enough money to buy it all :)

    and of course i dont mind if you use my collage, i'm happy it was of use to someone!

    ReplyDelete