Tuesday, December 16

Recent audiocandy

In a moment of geekiness I ordered a CD with a full recording of Stravinsky's The Firebird, by the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra under direction of Mariss Jansons. I've loved the suite for ages, but the full version shows layers of complexity and storytelling that the suite misses. And since I was 13 or so I've been hopelessly in love with Stravinsky's early ballets, nurturing a dream of seeing namely The Firebird enacted on stage, which I finally accomplished doing a couple of weeks ago, at the Mariinsky theatre.

It was wonderful, Alexandra Iosifidi danced the eponymous role with bird mimicry I've never seen in a human.

This is Margot Fonteyn in the same role, there are more videos from the ballet on Youtube:


I'm also head over heels with Rockettothesky's latest album, especially the song Grizzly Man:

1 comment:

  1. Большое Путешествие мультфильм / The Wild

    ReplyDelete