Thursday, September 25

St. Petersburg

When scrolling through my iPod I more often end up on The Radio Dept. than Radiohead these days. I went to the Russian Museum and the burning, suprematist sun stares directly into my soul. I would have spent the morning in the Hermitage, but I caught a cold (just as our long-awaited babie leto arrived, what have you!) so I stayed in and my landlady fed me mysterious mixtures that reeked of paracetamol and honey. I eat tvorozhnoe yoghurt every day and drink heaps of grapefruit juice and think I can survive on solely that.

In the museum shop I reached out for an anthology of academic papers on constructivism, and in a blip of film-history cliché I brushed the hand of a young man reaching out for the same book; when I looked at him he was so beautiful that I turned around and walked away, because his face was simply too beautiful to exist in this world order.





3 comments:

  1. стоп! so you're in St. Petersburg now. it's so closely..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, drop me a line if you're visiting «Петра творенье»! I only have a visa for Russia so I cannot go to Ukraine when I'm here, even though it's near.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Винни Пух - Приключения Винни Пуха мультфильм / The Many Adve

    ReplyDelete